The seminar was held at Preksha Vishwa Bharati, Koba in Gujarat, India on 5th January 2013 which focused on Science and Meditation. Mr. Navneet bhai Patel, who is the trustee of Preksha Dhyan Academy said in his welcome address that meditation is basically meant for self-realization while the benefits resulting from practising meditation like curing of diseases, are only its by-products.
Inaugural address was given by Prof. Muni Mahendra Kumar. He said: “When we speak of Science and Meditation, keep in mind to include the ‘Spiritual Science also. Let us discuss how Preksha Meditation can be applied to cure spiritual diseases that are passions, such as anger, greed, arrogance, etc. This may be root cause of all other diseases according to spiritual science. Today in this exclusive seminar eminent Doctors will share their views of applying meditation in the field of medication”.
- The key note speaker Dr. S. C. Manchanda, who came all the way from Delhi, is the former Prof. and the head of Department Cardiology at the AIIMS, Sr. Consultant Cardiologist Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, an Editor in Chief Journal of Preventive Cardiology, and a Padma Shri Awardee. He said: “He clearly said that he is asking patience to do the Preksha Meditation before or after the cardiac surgery”. Please see ~ 2 min, video of his speech embedded below to learn more about his topic.
- Another eminent neurologist Dr. Sundhir Shah, DM, Consultant neurologist, Ahmedabad, India, Prof. and head of department of Neurology; V. S. Genera Hospital, Hon. Neurologist to H. E also attended the seminar. The Governor of Gujarat, Director of Neuroscience, Sterling Hospital, Teacher for DNB Neurology, Sterling Hospital gave a lucid presentation and emphasized that meditation should be prescribed by every doctor along with other medicines. He explained common benefits of meditation, but said that one must practice meditation to gain greater benefits at the spiritual level and that is possible with the change in attitude. The best too to my mind is Yoga and in particular meditation, especially for psychosomatic diseases. He made a bold statement that, according to him, the biggest mistake people make is that they do meditation to cure diseases, however, he said, meditation should be done for self-realization, curing of diseases in the body is mere a by-product.
- His speech was followed by Mr. Arun Zaveri, who specially came from Mumbai. He explained the therapeutic thinking through Preksha Meditation. He said that root cause of mental and emotional disorders is messages of Karma bound by negative activities and behaviour such as violence etc., and instincts which are the biological programs but are misused to strengthen the passions like anger, pride, deceit, greed, and quasi-passions like fear, sex, etc. Please see ~ 7 min, video of his speech embedded below to learn more about his topic.
- The speeches ignited lot of discussions in the participant doctors and agreed who Preksha meditation is completely scientific process, that should be practised by everyone, not only for cure but prevention of dreadful psychosomatic diseases.
- The outcome of the seminar was that it was decided to conduct research in the fields of orthopaedic surgeries by imparting training to patients undergoing surgery and finding the impact of meditation on the process of recovery. Also it was decided to conduct research in the field of treatment of the patients suffering from hypertension. Dr. Dhiraj Marothi, Orthopaedic Surgeon working at Shelby’s Hospital agreed to conduct such research on orthopaedic patients, and Dr. Tarun Dave, a Senior Cardiologist working at Rajasthan Hospital, Ahmedabad, and Dr. Dhaval Doshi, a young Cardiologist working at Civil Hospital, Ahmedabad agreed to undertake research on the patients suffering from hypertension.
- Preksha Vishwa Bharati decided to develop this meditation centre in the form conducting research and therapy of different diseases through the application of Preksha Meditation. Doctors present in the seminar agreed to give their full cooperation in conducting such research. Mr. Arun Zaveri assured of his assistance for the activities to be conducted in the Preksha Vishwa Bharati. Other participants including the eminent space scientist S. S. Pokarana, also suggested carry out such programs at other centres situated in different parts of Ahmedabad city.
Mr. Arun Jethalal ZaveriI was fortunate to be present at this seminar. For more information please contact me by email. Hope you will Like it and share it. Your valuable feedback / comment will be appreciated.
- Jyotindra Zaveri